It’s finally that time of the year—pool party season! With the kids at home, it’s important to think of pool safety. There are a few easy steps to take to ensure safety for everyone.
Always have an adult nearby. Even if you’re a great swimmer, you never know when you might need help.
- Never swim alone! Always bring a buddy!
- Tell an adult if there’s a problem. You don’t want to get hurt, so let an adult take care of it.
- Check the water depth. You don’t want to get hurt diving into water that’s too shallow. Never dive into an above ground pool.
- Always wear sunscreen. Without it, you could end up with painful sunburn, which can lead to other health problems.
- No running! You could slip or trip — hurting not just yourself, but someone else as well.
- Put toys away. People might trip over them and hurt themselves. No one wants that!
- If you have an above ground pool, consider getting a safety ladder than folds upward so that little ones can’t get into the pool when no one is around. Otherwise, remove the ladder from the pool after getting out each time.
There are just a few simple steps to ensure a little extra pool safety! Have a happy summer!